How We Picked This Year’s Creative 100 – Adweek
From Desus and Mero to Billie Eilish and Lizzo
Clockwise from top left, Creative 100 honorees Natasha Lyonne, Lizzo, Justine Armour, Pablo Rochat, Samin Nosrat, Billie Eilish, Ryan Reynolds and Sean DallasKidd.
It’s Creative 100 season, when we at Adweek drop our list of today’s most creative professionals. We never repeat a name on this massive list of talent, meaning that each year’s roster is totally fresh.
Once you’ve checked out this year’s Creative 100 for yourself, check out Adweek’s podcast roundup of why we picked the people we did. Adweek editors and writers share their insights and favorites in this fun behind-the-scenes episode about what we look for in a creative powerhouse.
On this week’s episode of the Adweek podcast, Yeah, That’s Probably an Ad:
• Sara Jerde, digital media reporter for Adweek and author of this week’s cover story about the wild rise of Desus and Mero
• Kimeko McCoy, social editor, Adweek
• Doug Zanger, senior agencies editor, Adweek
• David Griner, creative and innovation editor, Adweek
You can stream the new episode below or listen and subscribe via services like Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
Read more about this year’s Creative 100 at the links below:
• Adweek’s Creative 100: Meet 2019’s Most Fascinating People in Marketing, Media and Culture
• 26 Agency Leaders Who Are Becoming the Industry’s New Icons
• 11 Branded Content Innovators Who Take Marketing to the Next Level
• 35 Rising Agency Talents Who Are Exploding Onto the Scene
• 13 Global Creative Leaders Whose Ideas Are Advancing Advertising Worldwide
• 14 Celebrities and Influencers Who Put Creativity at the Heart of Everything They Do
• 11 Commercial Directors Who Are Elevating the Craft of Storytelling
• 10 Visual Artists Everyone Should Know Right Now
• 12 Media Innovators Who Are Defining a New Generation of Content